Friday, June 19, 2009

SOMETIMES THE MOST SIMPLE SKIN CARE IS BEST

Years ago, when I was in my twenties I worked with a number of Canadian-Italian women in Toronto. They were always a fountain of information for natural and sometimes a bit far out beauty treatments. But they had beautiful skin and whether it was heredity, diet, or skin treaments, I am not sure.

The two that stand out in my mind (one of which I would never recommend) was
1. For acne - take the wet diaper of a newborn and apply to face. Ok since then I am wondering if it contains urea as I see some skin products contain urea.
2. For moisturizing use pure olive oil.

I can support # 2 - I have used it since and I have a few recommendations. I use it about every 2-3 days.

I keep it in the shower in a plastic squeeze salad dressing/BBQ sauce bottle - you know the type they use at wrap zone to squirt all the different dressings in wraps. I slather it on generously prior to shower being very careful NOT TO SLIP IN TUB! I rub it in well with an abrasive skin care glove which helps to remove dead skin and provides massage to improve the circulation. I suppose a bath brush would be another option.

Next shower it off with soap and water.

At other times, I apply a small amount after bathing to damp skin and let dry and surprisingly it is not oily.

You can also apply it to dry hair. Do this well before bed so the oil dries, but just in case place a towel on your pillow. Next day - shampoo several times, then condition. For added effect - warm it first by placing the bottle in a sink with warm water and/or putting on a shower cap and sitting under the dryer or wrapping a warm towel for 15 minutes or so.

Another great deep treatment is to use virgin organic coconut oil available in health food stores - same as above - it is also edible. It is pricey but it lasts a long time.

Tie your hair up, and it is not unattractive however, the only problem I foresee is your significant other may crave coconut cream pie all night long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment